Industrial Machinery and Heavy Equipment Industry Using Solidworks
Industrial Machines and Heavy Equipment Machines developed as platforms or models to be built in volume are usually assigned model numbers to identify them. It includes machine tools (i.e. milling machine, drill press, and lathe), heavy equipment (i.e. conveyors, tree stump grinder, ditch digger, coal mining equipment, earth moving equipment, and street paver), textile machines, printing press equipment, etc. They are usually sold with different option packages or in special sizes. The components are typically prismatic and there are usually a significant number of moving parts and mechanisms. Traditionally this type of design was done in 2D CAD.
They provide more design customization to meet specific customer needs, reduce/eliminate physical prototypes,improve reliability, accuracy and repeatability. They are modular machines that are easily upgradeable to new technology.
How SolidWorks helps:
- Visualization – 3D solid models are easier to understand than 2D drawings
- eDrawings – web-based communication for models and drawings
- Interference checking reduces assembly problems and the need for prototypes
- SWIFT reduces the learning curve and allows beginners to design like experts
- SolidWorks Search makes it easier to find similar product designs and reuse data
- Configurations can be used for families of similar products
- Incorporate design changes easily- all downstream data updates automatically
- BOM is automatically generated from design so purchasing list will be accurate
- 3D Content Central and Toolbox help save time by providing easy access to the latest 3D vendor components
Major Customers: ▪ Makino ▪ HAAS ▪ Fanuc ▪ Genie ▪ Bucyrus ▪ Vermeer ▪ MultiQuip ▪ ATS ▪RTS Wright Industries ▪ Creo Inc.
For more information and help on the topic contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 86770871