INDUSTRY DESCRIPTION • The broad classification of Industrial Equipment includes the following major segments:
- Industrial Manufacturing Machinery (including Packaging Machinery)
- Heavy Mobile Machinery and Equipment
- Installed Equipment
- Mechanical Power Equipment and Products
- Fabricated Metal Products
- Components are typically prismatic and there are usually a significant number of moving parts and mechanisms.
- Traditionally this type of design was done in 2D CAD.
- An important distinction for machines is the difference between custom and production machines. Production machines oft en require more thorough design for manufacturing techniques whereas custom machines require
- Increase in orders for custom machines
- Modular machines which can upgrade to newer technology or be re-purposed for different missions.
- Equipment leasing becoming a popular alternative to purchasing.
- Cyclical Industry
- Global Competition
- Fluctuations in raw material costs adds increased complexity to the bidding process
- Tremendous pressure on cost reduction for product development as well as product operation.
PROCESS FLOW WITH ACTIVITIES
- Requirements Analysis & Conceptual Design-Solidworks Premium
- Understand customer requirements-Contact NCCS Solidworks Sales specialist
- Understand market requirements (production machinery)
- Find similar designs
- Confirm understanding with high-end graphics –Solidworks Photo view 360
- Product Design- Solidworks Standard
- Assembly and product design- Solidworks Standard
- Interference checks
- Simulate performance
- Component Selection
- Identify and leverage standard components, when possible
- Manufacturing , Assembly and test
- Order critical components for on-time assembly
- Document manufacturing process fl ow and assembly instructions
- Document Management and Tracking
- End user manual and maintenance documentation (production machines)
- Engineering drawings and field
Contact email@example.com for a solution that meets your expectation, contact today for price