Amada machines are one of the commonly used Turret or Laser Machines in Australia. Apart from brand new machines, there are lot of second hand Laser and Turret Machines which are imported from overseas. For this reason we get a lot of enquiries everyday about the right software’s that help run these machines.
MetaCAM CAM software sold by NCCS www.nccs.com.au is one of the leading CAD CAM systems when it comes to programming these machines. It supports all the new features for the Amada EM machines to the old Aries including the New Amada tooling support, Pallet changers, auto loaders conveyers etc. The Intelligence behind any Cad Cam software “post processors “are quite powerful in Metacam, and easy to customize. Also another advantage compared to the CAD CAM software that comes with new Amada machines is that Metacam can program non Amada machines that you may have , or you may buy it in the future. You are not forced to buy one brand of Machine for rest of your life because all your cam data is locked to the default software that came with the machine. In fact one of our customers recently found out when he purchased the new machine with CAD CAM system he could only program the Amada machine and his other machine (another popular Japanese Machine Muratec) could not be programmed.
One of the other main reason why lot of second hand dealers recommend N C CADCAM SYSTEMS and Metacam is our 30 years of experience with Amada Machines (right from the JMA days). Main reason is we deal only with cad cam software’s, unlike some software vendors who sell the tooling and second hand machines and everything under the sun. Our focus is to get the most productive software for our customers, and our knowledge and experience on these Amada machines , from the tiny Aries 222 to the popular Pega 357 to Vipros, Laser like LC 644, LC 667, 3015 you name the Amada machine and we can supply the customised software.
You may be thinking of purchasing a second hand machine through auction or through second hand machine dealer, give us a call on 1300 021 046 for an unbiased opinion on how your newly purchased machine can run with maximum efficiency and minimum programming time.
One of the key factors in getting the most out of your old machines is to have modern software. That would use modern intelligent tools to program your machine, it can also do smart auto tooling, the optimised nesting of parts with minimum scrap or you have products designed in 3D software’s like Solidworks (please visit www.metaworks-sw.com) Metacam can work inside these 3d packages auto tool them and nest inside Solidworks.
Things to consider before buying a CAD/CAM package
Today we have 100’s of CAD CAM software in the market. Among these, to choose the software that fits your bill is not an easy task. And choosing a CAD/CAM solution that will make the manufacturing process more efficient and effective is very important. Here are some handy tips for to consider before you decide to go purchase CAD CAM software.
- Do not get carried away by the popularity and brand names of the software. Just because the software is popular it does not mean that it will meet all your requirements.
- Make the best use of the trial version. Normally the trial version lasts for 30 days make the best use of it by trying to design the things that you normally do on a regular basis. Have a chat with the sales or the technical people of that particular software provider and do not hesitate to ask even if it is a silly question. You can even ask for trial period extension, they would happily extend it for you if you show some interest.
- Make use of the free online tutorials available either on the website or if they do not have them request the company people to provide you that will at least help you get started with the cad package.
- Always look for a CAD CAM package which is not crowded with too many features that you rarely or might never use them. Because more the features more the complexity and less user friendliness. This is an important thing to look for if you are looking at expensive software’s. They charge you for all the unwanted features which you might never use.
- Analyze whether the CAD CAM package you are buying is good value for money. Do not underestimate certain CAD CAM packages that you sometimes feel are underpriced. Don’t waste your time thinking why some software’s are less priced. We all know there is heaps of competition in the market today so everyone wants to stand out of the crowd. Some software vendors drop their prices to do that which is good for you.
- It is always a good idea to have a small team to analyze the CAD CAM package. Choosing software based of the experience of a group of people is always better than choosing it based on just one person’s experience. It is also a good idea to have a financial expert, or someone who understands your company’s budget, to be a member of this team.
- Make a list of features that you expect in a CAD package. And let it work as a checklist them software with the most ticks on your checklist obviously is the software that meets your needs.
- You should also detail out the costing involved in materials and using the system cost effectively. So you will have to judge your present cost of manufacturing and the returns on it as well as the returns after you have set up a CAD/CAM system.
For more information on CAD CAM software’s that can add value to your business please call us on 03 9561 9022 or send us an email at email@example.com